Scoir offers a comprehensive document storage solution for students with support for common file types and external links.
Items in your Drive will be shared with your counselor and any parents linked to your account.
This article contains the following sections:
- Viewing items in your Drive
- Managing your Drive
- Migrating or downloading existing backpack items
- Supported file types
Viewing items in your Drive
To view the items in your Student Drive, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the My Drive section of your Student Profile.
- Click the title of the file or link you wish to view. Depending on the type, the file or link will open in your browser or will be downloaded to your computer.
Managing your Drive
Adding items to your Drive
To add files to your Drive, follow these steps.
- In the My Drive section of your Student Profile, click the Drop files to attach, or browse button. You can also drag and drop files directly onto the button to upload.
- In the Choose files window, click the Choose files button, or drag and drop files directly into the Choose files window.
- When you’re finished adding files, click Upload.
To add links to your Drive, follow these steps.
- In the My Drive section of your Student Profile, click the Share or Link button.
- Paste the URL of the Google Doc or website you would like to link, or the Share link for YouTube, Vimeo, or Soundcloud.
- Give the link a title, then click Save.
Deleting items from your Drive
To delete a file or link from your Drive, follow these steps.
- Click the dot icon next to the file or link you wish to delete.
- From the dropdown menu, click Delete.
- When prompted to confirm deletion, click Yes.
Migrating or downloading existing backpack items
If you had previously used the Backpack feature in Scoir, your Backpack items will still be available for you to migrate to your new Student Drive or download to your computer.
To migrate your existing items, click the import those items link in the description window. The items will be migrated and will display in your Drive.
To download your existing items, click the download link in the description window. The items will be compressed into a ZIP file and downloaded to your computer.
If you no longer want your previously created Backpack items, click No Thanks, I don’t want them. Please note that these files will be permanently deleted, and this action cannot be undone.
Supported file types
Scoir Drive supports the following file types: