Scoir offers a few ways of personalizing your college discovery experience: the Student Dashboard and College Preferences.
This article covers the following topics:
Personalizing your Student Dashboard
The Student Dashboard is your personalized Scoir landing page.
To personalize your Student Dashboard, follow these steps.
- Go to the Student Dashboard by clicking the Scoir logo in the global navigation bar.
- If available, complete the onboarding prompts for Following Colleges, providing Personal Interests, and providing Academic Focuses.
- If prompts are not displayed, the required information has already been collected through College Search.
Setting your College Preferences
The College Preferences feature is broken into three distinct columns: Must Have, Nice to Have, and No Thanks.
- Criteria in the Must Have column is marked as a requirement. Colleges missing your Must Have criteria will not appear in your Preference Search results.
- Criteria in the Nice to Have column prioritizes your Preference Search results. Schools that match a greater percent of your Nice to Have criteria will be displayed above schools that are missing Nice to Have criteria in Preference Search.
- Criteria in the No Thanks column causes schools including any No Thanks criteria to be deprioritized to the bottom of your Preference Search results.
To set your College Preferences, follow these steps.
- Go to the My Profile page from the global navigation bar.
- Scroll to the College Preferences section.
- Click the + Add button in the column which you wish to add criteria.
- Select the type of criteria you’d like to provide from the categories listed, then search for the specific criteria.
- Click Save to record the preference.
You can move preferences between columns by clicking the icon on the right-side of the preference facet to change its state or delete it from your College Preferences.
College Preferences are also editable via Preference Search. Updates made to the College Preferences tile on the Student Profile will also be reflected in the Preference Search pane of College Search.